Ultrasound today: measuring at exactly 7 weeks (technically I'm 6 weeks 5 days). Heart rate at 144 beats per minute. I was, and this is a rarity, speechless. I also couldn't hold back the tears.
Doctor Superman seemed surprised, however, that I was at work last week (due to the bleeding). At the time he'd said, "take it easy" - I didn't know that he meant not to go to work. This time he again told me to take it easy, that this is a critical time, etc. I didn't think to ask him about the photo shoot I have scheduled tomorrow - I'll be on my feet for one to two hours. So, now I don't know if I should cancel or not.
I am equally thrilled and stunned. We're still far from being out of the woods yet but we've graduated. I have to make an appointment with a regular (albeit high risk) OB.
Not that long ago, when I told my sister that we were moving on to adoption (which we still want to do) and to stop harassing me about getting pregnant again, she e-mailed me back and said, "Miracles do happen. Who says they can't happen to you?" In a couple of weeks, I'm going to e-mail her, with these words, and these words only: "Miracles do happen . . . " She'll instantly know. I am sure of it. And I can't wait.
Exhale, exhale, exhale.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



16 comments:
Awesome!! Hooray!! Yippee!!
Congratulations!!! Wowza indeed! That is wonderful news :)
but don't forget to inhale too!
congratulations - i'm happy for you.
I'm SO.HAPPY. So very happy. :)
Sounds very promising indeed.....
Keep on exhaling :)
J
Very good news. I'm rooting for you!
I'm glad you've got here and are feeling fairly positive (even if only at times)
It is so difficult to believe it will work out when all you've had before says otherwise. But it can.
Hang in there, I'm so pleased all is well xx
fantastic news, Alice. Congratulations!
Hooray for miracles! congrats!!!
Yes. Yes. Yes. They do happen. I remind myself that every day when I look at Lily. I'm so very happy for your good news!
Yay for miracles. I am a huge believer in them. So excited for you.
Thanks for sharing the wonderful news. Miracle indeed! Congratulations and so happy for you.
Hello~ I just found your blog and would like to follow you! Congrats on the great scan!! Are you doing injections? (I also have one MTHFR mutation with mmc). I am adding you to my blog!!
I AM soooo excited for you.
Thank goodness -- some good news in this blogosphere....
Pam
Fantastic news! Just popped by for the first time in ages. Please post again soon, I want to know that it is still OK.
Thank you all for your great, encouraging comments. I don't actually know anything yet - I won't see the doc for quite a few days . . . which is, of course, terribly, terribly difficult!
Post a Comment