I just threw my intern out of my office so I could call and find out if there were any results. The nurse said, "Yes, I just got those and I'm going to have the nurse practitioner call you and explain the results and what you need to do next but you are pregnant, and your hCG is 358, which is pretty good." My hCG was taken from what I'd estimate as exactly 14 days post ovulation. My progesterone was at 57.38. I've actually never had a progesterone at that level - and that seems insanely high. I am on progesterone supplementation, however. As I am want to do - that makes me slightly nervous. So, I guess next stop is to get another hCG done.
***UPDATE***
Your encouraging comments mean the world!
I just got off the phone with the Physician's Assistant - who left me a message about getting my second beta within 48 hours from the last, on Thursday. I phoned her back to make sure she understood that the initial results were from Saturday - not today. She hesitated and then told me that perhaps a second beta wasn't really necessary - she felt that these numbers looked good, etc., etc. - something about it being more difficult to tell the doubling rate when it's more than 48 hours. I then explained a little bit about my history and she then said that I would be treated the same even if the beta wasn't doubling properly (progesterone, etc.) and so there was perhaps not much of a need. At first I was OK with this - now I'm starting to get more and more anxious about it. However, I imagine that if Doctor Superman has an issue with this, he'll call. In the meantime, I just wait. I know, crazy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



19 comments:
SQEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! That is one beautiful beta. i am overjoyed for you.
how do you feel about twins?
Wow! That is a great HCG and progesterone. Maybe there's two in there? My progesterone at the same point was like 10 so your numbers are really encouraging. Take a deep breath and just go with it and try and enjoy your good news (easier said than done I know).
XOXO.
Kate
Man, that is so unfair to make you wait this long. But wow, the number was definitely worth it. I am keeping fingers crossed that you don't have to wait quite as long for the next beta results. And I will be sending you lots of "doubling beta" thoughts, that's for sure. Please, higher powers, let this be IT for you.
Whoa! Great numbers!
Continued good luck.
What great news. I know it is scary but what a start. Thinking of you, hope you're finding some peace.
HOLY!
Those numbers seem super exciting!
I will be following avidly...
Pam
What great news. And those numbers are wonderful!!!!
That's a great beta!! Congrats!!
Oh, hooray! Congratulations!
Yay!
That IS a good beta! Mine with Ethan was like 133 at 14 DPO. Really. That's great. And so is the progesterone.
HOW will you (we???) wait!! When is your u/s?
Whew! And great news. I know how elated/terrifed you must be right now BUT your beta # is super good (twins, anyone?) as is your progesterone. Will be following avidly. Hold on to yourself and take a deep breath in and exhale.
Hooray for conclusive betas!!!
*I* would want a repeat beta set (another two draws) but that just may be me.
Also, are you doing PIO or the bajingo pills? I was on them until week 10 -- but a lot of pantyliners as the little suckers tend to leak.
Are you doing the Lovenox/haparin?
Oh my goodness!!! (Jumping up and down with excitement!)!!! Wonderful news, Alice :)
WOOHOO!!! So happy for you! I'll be praying that those betas keep going up and you have a happy and healthy 9 months!
Yay!!!!!!! Great news!!!!
:)
Wonderful news!
J
what a number - congratulations!
congratulations on the great numbers How exciting
Post a Comment