When the Husband and I first moved here, we lived in the far off land of Yonkers (shudder). I can’t remember how long it took to get to Grand Central by train - but it was a bit of a hike. I would often come into the city on the weekends, homework in tow and sit at a café down in the Village and “study”. It was fairly ridiculous, really, going all that way, with heavy books in a backpack to study, when I could have saved tons of time by staying at home. But I got very sick of being cooped up in that horrible house and needed a change of scenery (horrible house + heinous roommates = not fun, not fun at all). When the Husband moved here, we’d go down together. However, I always had an incredibly difficult time getting him to leave Grand Central. It is beautiful. It has everything you could possibly need - food, magazines, books . . . why leave? I’m starting to wonder if Junior here is following in his pop’s footsteps - there's food a plenty, coziness, familiarity and the lulling sound of a heart beating. Why leave, indeed.
Any suggestions on how to get the little guy out (sans pitocin)? I'm all ears.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
STRIP THE MEMBRANES!!! :)
There isn't any reason why a doc wouldn't want to do that by now, and it's "natural"!
Good luck!
evening primose oil, nipple stimulation worked for me. but i started at 39 weeks. sex.
I don't have any suggestions, but I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
i'm in the annoying camp that believes that baby will come when baby is ready. i'm in this camp because my son was born at 41 weeks and 4 days -- immune from all of my witchcraft, stimulation, walking, teas, etc.
membrane stripping *can* work, but it can also cause prolonged prodromal labour...ask me how i know!
i hope it gets exciting soon!
I tried many things (spicy food, lots of walking, etc.). But one thing worked for the first baby: s.e.x. It was either that, or the fact that he was just plain ready by then, at 41 weeks 3 days.
My second one was early, but there was one thing in common in both of my deliveries. Full moon. But I think your little one did not get the memo--full moon was two days ago.
I have no advice, having been at most only 37 weeks pregnant, but if it helps you to wait, remember that babies are MUCH easier to take care of inside than outside. As my grandma always told me. :)
Post a Comment