Tuesday, November 07, 2006

The Latest . . .

1. I forgot that I needed to vote today no less than fifteen times on my way home. I did, however, vote . . . eventually. And the lady sitting at the table twittered away about my last name (which is unusual and shared by a very famous singer) for a good five minutes before I was able to shut myself into the little booth and stick it to the GOP.
2. I think I may have unwittingly gone on a date over the weekend. A guy that I was working with (shooting the marathon) asked me out for a drink afterwards - the thing is, I'm so old and married that it didn't occur to me that he may actually be INTERESTED in me until half way through the night. Then I made a quick getaway. I have to admit though, that I am flattered, if not somewhat clueless. But hey, I've still got it! Actually, he was probably just bored.
3. My husband got a haircut this weekend. He's looking a tad Emo Phillips. This will have to be remedied, and right quick.
4. Speaking of my husband, he went to a bar with a friend on Friday. The (female) bartender bought him quite a few drinks. What can I say? We're a dashing couple wanted by ones of people.
5. I saw an acupuncturist yesterday. Even though I was told that they take my insurance, they don't really, shall I say, TAKE my insurance, in that they don't actually BILL my insurance. Instead, oh crafty ones, they give the poor slobs with my insurance a discounted rate. I did it anyway (I was there, I was curious, the drive was long and annoying). She prescribed weekly visits (of course!) until my cycle is more regular. Um, no. However, it was quite relaxing and painless, even for a wimp like me (OK, when the needle went in on the top of my foot, it was slightly uncomfortable, which, by the way, she forgot to remove, which left me stammering, "Um, did you forget one?", knowing full well that she had in fact forgotten it and with an irrational fear that years from now I am going to find a tiny acupuncture needle embedded somewhere odd).
6. I have an appointment with a new RE (I saw one RE but only for one visit and then got pregnant again and all looked well and so no tests were done, but well, it didn't end well) on Thursday. I'm excited about it.
7. I want to tell you how much I am enjoying Lisa Williams: Life Among the Dead, but it's too embarrassing to admit, so I will tell you that if you haven't seen HEROES, it's a must. Well written, beautifully shot, great actors, interesting story.
8. I must get back into running.

No comments: