So, although I read a lot of books about pregnancy and eventually read about the birth process, I neglected to look at the actual CARE of a newborn. And although one can go crazy reading all those childcare books that give conflicting advice, at least I may have been more prepared for, say, breastfeeding. It never occurred to me that I would need to breastfeed TWENTY-FOUR HOURS A DAY. Just didn't get it. Nope. Didn't. So, now that that is firmly established . . . WOW. Twenty-four hours a day. Every day. EVERY DAY. Will try to start pumping this week - but am totally intimidated by it - it's a scary looking machine. Also, although it will be fantastic to actually be able to go out and leave the Baby with the Husband or another relative, it makes me a little sad, too.
Monday, November 17, 2008
My Beautiful Son
So, although I read a lot of books about pregnancy and eventually read about the birth process, I neglected to look at the actual CARE of a newborn. And although one can go crazy reading all those childcare books that give conflicting advice, at least I may have been more prepared for, say, breastfeeding. It never occurred to me that I would need to breastfeed TWENTY-FOUR HOURS A DAY. Just didn't get it. Nope. Didn't. So, now that that is firmly established . . . WOW. Twenty-four hours a day. Every day. EVERY DAY. Will try to start pumping this week - but am totally intimidated by it - it's a scary looking machine. Also, although it will be fantastic to actually be able to go out and leave the Baby with the Husband or another relative, it makes me a little sad, too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Oh, what a sweetheart he is!!
You'll get into a routine with the bfing...it doens't last on ALL THE TIME mode forever. Really. :)
As for leaving the babies, I still hate to do it and Ava is 1 1/2 and Ethan almsot 1...so no help there!
Good to hear from you!
r u kidding me! could that little oby be.any.cuter. holy moly what a beaut!
yes, bfeeding at first is insane. are you keeping him awake? i kept cold wash clothes in the fridge-i would take her clothes off and tickle her feet with the wash cloth. it sounds mean, but she didn't mind, it just kept her awake.
pumping is so much faster in the beginning.
now, c nurses in about 15 mins.
i am a bit sad and feel a bit guilty, but i like leaving cate for awhile. just to go be by myself at starbucks-for about an hour. i miss her and it keeps me sane.
man, i am so happy to see you here.
Oh he is scrumptious! Thanks for sharing. You lucky thing! Yeah I had to breastfeed 24-7 too. It was insane. I had thought I would start working from home right away because you know the baby would be sleeping a lot. HA! Don't let the pump intimidate you too much. I found baby gear assembly/car seat installation far more daunting. Resist the temptation to look at your nipples when doing it. HA! I know! You'll have to look but trust me you shouldn't. LOL ;-)
Sarah
Oh, he is SO cute!
Cute!
Breastfeeding is HARD but it gets easier. Pumping SUCKS (a pun!) but it's useful.
Oh god he is such a cutie! Where did you guys get that hat? I need it for Owen.
Good luck with pumping. It's not that bad, but I'm doing mostly formula, so our experiences might be different. The machine is totally bizarre looking - I agree.
That picture is absolutely gorgeous! Not to mention priceless! What a little sweetie :)
The breast-feeding will get easier, I promise.
I cried the first time I left Ellery, but forced myself to stay out for 3 hours, and was a happier Mommy because of it!
Post a Comment