I spent a lovely New Year's running through Central Park at midnight. There were a few teary moments as I thought about what a year it's been and contemplated where we might be at this time next year. Closer? There? In flying cars? You never know what the future may hold. It was a tad surreal to be running through the Park after midnight, thinking about such things as a Scarecrow and a tiny Dorothy are running next to you - and up ahead an M & M is having trouble with his shoe. Today the husband and I trekked out to Coney Island for the Polar Bear Club's Dip. I wasn't brave enough to do it - but the husband found it completely invigorating and it was fantastic to be a spectator. The boardwalk was filled with people, young, old, costumed, tiny skivvies and all. According to the founder, Bernarr Macfadden, "a dip in the ocean during the winter can be a boon to one's stamina, virility and immunity." HERE'S TO THAT! It was a great time. Hope you and yours had a lovely, lovely, fantastic celebration.



8 comments:
Excellent way to spend New Year's! I hope you have a fantastic 2008.
Those Polar Bears must be quite mad. I'm glad you managed to have some fun.
My husband, the Swede, will swim in the ocean in the winter.
Glad you guys had fun!
brrr!
That looks terrible! :)
Glad you had a good New Year's!
your husband actually went in the water? cool.
you guys are so brave. you to be out there, and hubby...well, that may be just crazy.
i've always wanted to. it does seem like it would be fun.
Brrrr....
It's bloody hot here and the thought of an icy dip gave me the shivers!
J
May all your new year wishes come true. (Except the flying cars). Here's hoping for 08.
Post a Comment