Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Violet Beauregarde

No sooner had I typed the last word on my previous post was I overcome with a horrific, awful, no good, very bad, feeling of bloat. And pain. And nausea. That partially lasted (the bloat) until well into this evening. I have been feeling a tad Violet all day, basically. I thought it necessary to have someone roll me on home. Because I am a complete idiot, I was convinced that this was the result of a massive consumption of cauliflower earlier in the day. It did not occur to me, not once, that it may have been due to the Clomid. That is, until after I'd seen my doc and the write-up from the pharmacy spilled out from my purse onto my car floor. And wow, did it not say, "if you experience severe bloat or nausea, consult your physician." I mentioned the bloat, but not in any great detail because:

1) nothing has changed - my ovaries look identical to their scanned appearance last week, and

2) I have some fluid - apparently in my abdomen or in my uterus. When he said that I had an usual amount of fluid somewhere I shut down and started silently freaking out. He could have said it was coming out of my nostrils, and

3) My lining is the tiniest bit thicker.

I left there with a script for some blood work (progesterone, estradiol?) but no results as of yet.

As I was entering the lab, I scanned the bottom of the blood draw form, and was taken aback (as I always am) by the diagnosis checked off at the bottom:

"Habitual aborter."

What an ugly sounding term.

7 comments:

Jess said...

That really is an ugly term and they should fix that SOMEHOW. I mean really!

Sorry about the bloat. :(

Kristen said...

I abhor that term. It just sounds intentional and wicked.

I love your analogy of bloating to Willy Wonka. It's perfect!

Country Chick said...

They just keep using it though, don't they? Bloody doctor scrawled it all over my medical forms for adopting. It pulled me up in just the same way.

megan said...

ugh. it *is* an ugly term. i don't know why they haven't sensitized it. it makes me insane.
sorry to hear you're feeling like violet. i hope you feel better soon...

Geohde said...

Hi there Mz Alice,

Thanks for following across to my infertile corner of the internet. I thought I'd reciprocate the gesture.

Man, it sure sounds like this 'generate viable baby' concept isn't easy for either of us.

SOrry that the Clo.mid is biting you in the abdomen, as it were.

And for what it's worth, when I did my Obs and Gynae term recently, we were taught NOT to use the word ABORTION any more. It's just too ugly (and many would argue socially stigmatising) for a RPL (recurrent pregnancy loss)

xx

J

Wordgirl said...

Found my way through your site down a rabbit hole of sorts -- and have to say am thrilled at someone who lists literature too...

Doesn't this journey just suck? Bastards and their terms and needles -- though that's from a girl who came away from her blood draw with cottonballs and tape on either arm -- apparently I too am a 'hard stick' -- the only petite thing about me turns out to be my veins -- and don't get me started on my childbearing hips. Ha.

Pam

In Search of Morning Sickness said...

Thanks for stopping by my site with some comfort.... I can't imagine having lost 4 precious angels.

BTW, I cannot BELIEVE they use term like that. It's unforgivable! "Habitual" - what a way to say that. How about something that doesn't make it sound like it's a habit you can't break?!?! SO SORRY.