Monday, September 24, 2007

Are You There Heloise? It's Me, Alice

I love giving blood. I think it's so fantastic. I have to give blood tomorrow! How lucky am I! There's nothing I love more than having people (I use that term lightly) unable to get blood from a vein, try rooting around, switching arms, and then, as is par for the course, still unable to get but the tiniest trickle. I also enjoy watching the green, yellow and slight purple shades spread over the inside of my arms - in that, "Yes, I do a little horse now and then, what of it?" way. It's a great way to start your morning. Blood, coffee, more blood, bruising, more blood, fainting, etc.

Obviously the Clomid is scrambling the old noggin'.

I have to have a scan as well. I can feel things rumbling around in there - a little mittelschmertz here and there if you will. I think I may have been a touch more irritable than normal, and I was blasted hot the first night and afflicted with a rager of a headache, but since then, nothing really out of the ordinary.

The husband and I went on an exciting quest for a fertility monitor (I hate the damn sticks, I can never read them) which cost a fortune. And yes, I should have gotten one from the eversopopularauctionsite but didn't, because I can't get it together. We also went a searching for the magical, uhem, in anticipation of problems that may occur for those of us lucky enough to be on the Clomid. Of course, the easiest place for us to find said magical, uhem, was one of those stores where you know, people go, for you know, stuff, that has to do with, you know, (whisper) s-e-x. I do so hope that there's no need . . .

She lost her innocence there that day, people.

Not really.

Anyway, so I have the fertility monitor and again, because I can't get it together (see above) I neglected to set it on a proper day. Therefore I lied (i.e., it wasn't cycle day 5 when I said it was cycle day 5). So, this is going to be a problem. Luckily I have consulted with the internets and they tell me that I can reset it next month.

But on to really, the most important question of the day. How the hell do you get icky mold out of your grout in the tiles in your shower? I'm having little success and have become slightly obsessed. My landlord had a shindig over the weekend and I used his loo (to floss, actually) and the white grout between the white, white, white tiles in his bathroom was spotless. SPOTLESS. SPOTLESS!

My husband did point out that it's possible that our landlord has cleaned his bathroom tiles more than once in the last five years, but let's just let that slide (I was in law school, people! Then I had a heinous commute!) Seriously, who has time to get out an old toothbrush to clean grout?

4 comments:

Antropóloga said...

I have never cleaned grout. I also do not clean windows.

My veins suck, too, and bloodwork is a nightmare. I feel you.

L said...

Alice,

First of all, you must, must, must use Preseed for the deed (see? it rhymes) because everything else will kill the sperm. You don't want to go through all this trouble only to wipe out the little army on their way to the prize. My OB gave me this stern warning the second I mentioned trying to get pregnant.

Second, they sell this stuff (my mom told me; I have not personally used it) that cleans grout. It is like white out for your grout. I can't remember the brand-name, but there are apparently several to choose from.

I got a Ph.D. so I did not have time to clean, either. Now my excuse is that I am tenure-track.

MC

The Oneliner (Christina) said...

that's so true...there is a moment when you loose your innocence. its just another thing taken by infertility. the bitc.h.
i had red mud in my grout (from when we built our house and people keep tracking it in) and i used some horrible chemical acid something? that worked like a charm. its not very environmentally friendly but neither is anything else.
i hate dirty grout too. blech.
GL with th grout and your lovin' this month.; )

Ms. Planner said...

Baking soda and a toothbrush. Bleach also works wonders for mold but use gloves for your hands.

I don't want to be an ass, but I thought I read about something in my CBE monitor info pack that some fertility drugs can impact that results. Esp. b/c it is reading both your estrogen & LH levels, so anything that jacks up your estrogen...well, you know. I just know those thingys are way expensive and, while I love mine, I am also totally on DIY right now (aka stupid leap of faith).