Friday, March 30, 2007
To Kill a Mockingbird
I tried my first case in November. The final decision was rendered . . . today. And I lost. To say that I am pissed off, worried and devastated . . . is an understatement. When we did a site visit, and I witnessed the wildlife and vegetation at the site, I remember thinking about how awful it would be if it were developed. It will be developed. And I am just so sad. Not to mention that this is not good for my career. Did I mention that I am going to dinner with several of my husband's college friends, including an x-girlfriend tonight? And that she (and her husband) are staying with us? And that I have never met her before? Honestly, I am ok with it, she's always been extremely nice and there does not seem to be any residual feelings there--on either side. But it is a bit weird. In short, there will be much imbibing of alcohol tonight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Don't let this get you down. Believe in yourself and you'll get through.
Wow! You dropped a lot of important stuff in a very small amount of space.
1. I am sorry you lost. And I am sorry you lost your first case. That must be hard.
2. Staying in your house? You are a better woman than I, my dear.
I'm sorry you lost your first case Alice. Don't let it get you down, I'm sure you ARE great at what you do, sometimes things just don't go our way. Next time you'll knock em dead.
I'm so sorry about the case. That must be very disappointing. I bet soon enough you'll have a win and this sting will fade.
Exes--ugh. I have to see my high school ex ALL THE TIME as my high school best friend is now MARRYING HIM. Very weird indeed. Have to let us know how it went.
I can't imagine if my friend was MARRYING my ex. Blech. That would be too weird.
Post a Comment