Sunday, June 15, 2008

How to Make a Pregnant Woman Cry


1. Be iTunes
2. Decide to "sync" iPod for no apparent reason
3. Erase 90% of music from said iPod
4. Make sure that music you erase was not previously burned to disc (someone in this scenario is a dumb ass, and it's not iTunes)

4 comments:

Jess said...

Aw, that just sucks.

christina(apronstrings) said...

i don't know that this helps-it probably doesn't....but if you hook your ipod up to another computer it will sync and put the music from the itunes on the new computer onto yours.
i take it you don't own the old computer it was hooked up to?
and anytime you hook up a ipod to a computer it syncs with that computer itunes.
i hope, hope, hope, this can be fixed. how awful.

Ali said...

For some reason the iTunes on our home pc had auto sync checked - when we normally have it set to sync manually - which should take care of the problem so I'm able to connect to the computer at home and the one at work (at least, it's never done this in the past). I'm not sure what happened this time . . . what a drag.

MsPrufrock said...

That would make this non-pregnant woman cry. I took to my room for a day when I thought I lost the damn thing. I'm such a drama queen.

I don't know if a lot of the music on your iPod was always in mp3 or if it came from CDs, but if it was always in mp3 and you don't have any form of back-up I can recommend a programme (not peer-to-peer file sharing) which may help to recoup some of it.

That all sounds very illicit, but it isn't. Let me know (barrenalbion at g mail dot com).