What's with these people who JUST peed on the old the pee stick MOMENTS AGO and are immediately out shopping for car seats and the best 529s? Friends of ours just told us about their pregnancy at SIX WEEKS. Two weeks before that, LITERALLY TWO WEEKS BEFORE THAT, they began buying baby furniture and rearranging their guest bedroom. Are these people insane? Are they aliens? I'm completely baffled. Meanwhile NO ONE except for you and the good people (you know, random strangers with funny clipboards) at my clinic know of my status.
Boggles the mind, really.
So, right, she doesn't post for weeks, and now she won't shut up . . .
Carry on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



16 comments:
I am baffled right along with you. I mean, six weeks, my goodness. That is way too early for real lifers to know anything.
It seems that those people who simply LOOK each other in the nether-regions and get pregnant don't seem to have the concerns that those of us that struggled do.
In their minds what could go wrong?
It's sad that the rest of us have suffered so much, and experienced such loss that it sometimes takes us till the baby is in our arms to contemplate the fact that things might be okay.
For their sake I hope everything is fine - but at nearly 8 months pregnant myself and actually spending today in the ER - I know better.
I'm hoping and praying that your pregnancy is footloose and fancy free, and that your baby is safe and sound and in your arms before you know it.
Right. My SIL did that, and then? Miscarried. Not pretty. Poor thing.
Yep. Crazy. Plum crazy.
I'm glad you're posting, though. :)
I don't get it either. I have all these friends that get pregnant BEFORE they start trying, and then make grand plans once they find out, tell everyone they know, and indeed everything goes swimmingly in every department, and they never worry at all about miscarriage or defects or stillbirth or problems of any kind, and I just can't relate at all. I asked my best friend about this and she said miscarriage etc. just never has crossed her mind. Huh. I spent my entire pregnancy in a panic about what horrible thing would happen.
Silly people, and one of my biggest pet peeves as well. I want to scream at them, "Don't you know it doesn't always end well?!?!", but what good would that do?
I have MTHFR that was found after I got pregnant but we had already told everyone at 4 weeks. I knew I could miscarry but just decided I would want support if that happened. I guess it's just different strokes for different folks.
Ashley - I completely understand your reasoning - but I take that as somewhat different than the person who goes all gung ho and starts buying furniture or a new car "for the baby" when they are only four weeks along . . . Also, I've grappled with that as well - do I tell in case something bad happens so that I have support or do I keep it to myself? The difference also is you probably weren't telling everyone you encountered - just those who are really important to you.
My friend was dist-listing emails with her sonogram pictures at 9 weeks and it annoyed me to no end.
For me, I had milestones and superstitious quirks. For instance, I kept track of how far along I was in my planner, but only used pencil and never indicated more than one week ahead. I still don't have my due date listed on any calendars (and I'm almost in my 3rd tri). I guess my point is, do what works for you. But I do hope you "reward" yourself with allowing yourself to feel & act more pregnant as you clear your hurdles.
What I find so sad about the Gov of NY is that he always apologizes to "his family." And never just to his wife. Poor gal.
We were just discussing Silda here at work - according to a reliable source, Eliot has been relegated to the guest bedroom and they haven't spoken since Monday. Not that THAT is any of our business but seriously - to have your marriage put on such a public display - how awful.
Drives me nutty! Just because you get pregnant doesn't mean you bring home a baby! Silly people!
Those peeps bug me too. I'm not sure when I allowed myself to begin to enjoy my pregnancy but I did eventually and I hope you will too. I know I felt a lot better after my 20 week ultrasound when they told me she was a girl and everything looked good. Just do the best you can.
It always boggles my tiny mind, too.
J
That was amusing. I think you should do a weekly rant and always end it with, "carry on."
My last BFP, I called my Mom, but told her not to get too excited. With my history, we don't have the luxury of being those people who tell everyone and run right out to buy a crib. My mom said "you mean like normal people."
She didn't mean to be cruel, and I took it more as curiosity. Is that really normal? Because that's crazytown to me.
hey, what happened to the post about your pops?? i am so sorry to hear. man, that bites. though, i can't wait until you tell him/ 12 weeks is HUGE. and you're almost there. congrats.
Post a Comment