In four more minutes I am not allowed to continue sipping this soda, nor eating, nor consuming any type of beverage, soda or not. Tomorrow I will be going in for the laparoscopy/hysteroscopy and repair (a little rotor rooter if you will) and am just trying my hardest to not think about it too much, just go in there, and get it over with. I was a little surprised when Doctor Superman began diagramming where the incisions, INCISIONS PEOPLE will be going. For some reason, it hadn't occurred to me that there would be any type of slicing. Small as those incisions are, but still.
I was also a little embarrassed when I had to ask about my belly button ring and whether or not it should be removed. That old thing was put in about ten years ago (when I was young and carefree) and I'm starting to feel a little ridiculous about it. I'm not exactly hanging out in bikinis these days. I had to lift up my shirt in his office so he could check out where it's located. That was fun. Oh, doctor, I run ALL THE TIME, I want to make sure that I can CONTINUE RUNNING. Oh, the flab all around my belly? Um, right, well, that's just something weird that's been happening lately. NORMALLY you see, I am very, very in shape. No fat all all. This is just a momentary fluke. Really.
You'll all be thrilled to learn, I'm sure, that removal is unnecessary.
The husband and I attended an adoption conference today. We are both exhausted. More on that later.
Happy Monday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



9 comments:
Wishing you the very easiest of operative experiences and a rapid recover, belly ring and all!
xx
J
oh dear, i was freaked before my lap too. but, it all worked out and yours will too.
the best thing anyone told me-COUGH!! it helps get the gas out from the surgery.
love to you.
x0x0x
Good luck. We are thinking of you.
Good luck - I hope all went well and that someone is waiting on you hand and foot. But you should be fine in a day or so - BTDT.
Hope it goes boringly for you!
Hoping today is uneventful for you, and you get lots of good sleep
111
good luck!!
best of luck, and a most speedy recovery.
I will let you blaze the trail if you don't mind, but my doctor is hinting along the same lines for me...I wish you all the best of luck...and I laughed about the piercing...I often wonder how with college at the height of the grunge era I got out of it without a tattoo....
Pam
Post a Comment