I just came back from several days spent in New England with my mother (she travelled north after spending the previous week with my father and Aunt and Uncle on a genealogy sojourn to West Virginia) and the husband. It was, mostly, a good time (the Husband and I found the Shelburne Museum creepy and weird. We half expected to find Mrs. Shelburne's embalmed body hidden behind a fake closet. My mother, of course, loved it.). Edited to add: For those of you annoying like my husband, who seem to think facts are important, there is no Mrs. Shelburne, her name was actually Mrs. Webb.
I then went to work for a few hours today until I had to leave for HSG numero dos. I was not looking forward to it. The last time I had it done, I found it extremely painful - during the procedure, not afterwards. The insertion of the the catheter had me writhing in pain. This time, I felt, nothing. Well, maybe not nothing, but only slight discomfort. When I mentioned this to Doctor Superman, he said that they use an incredibly thin catheter because it is "simply more humane." Apparently my previous doctor used a catheter the size of a mack truck. I am beginning to wonder if my previous doctor was something of a sadist. He wasn't exactly gentle with the dildo-cam either.
The good news: I have amazingly wonderful birthing hips! I have the pelvic bones of a fertile goddess! They are the perfect shape! The perfect size! They're like the wings of a butterfly!
The bad news: My uterus is badly scarred. And my fallopian tubes are now blocked. He indicated that this could be from the multiple miscarriages or the D & C (the uterine scarring, not the blocked tubes) or both.
Hide-your-head-in-the-sand-news: Apparently I have to have surgery to smooth out the uterus and unblock the tubes - and check to see if I have endometriosis. And I'll be having it the week of Thanksgiving.
Wonderful.
In other news, my friend from high school had his baby (well, he didn't, his wife did) and named him something akin to "Great Emperor" and another friend just e-mailed me today to tell me she's expecting her second. The first was born September 2006. When it rains it pours.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



14 comments:
Oh no! That really sucks. Well.
Make fun of all the ugly babies and smug pregnant ladies you want.
Oh man, oh man, oh MAN.
That just blows.
I am so very sorry.
Why is it that we're all jumping through increasingly difficult reproductive hoops of late?
J
when it rains it pours. indeed.
i am sorry the tubes are blocked, uterus scarred, that you have to have surgery over thanksgiving and that you aren't the one having the babies.
you need a glass of wine.
I'm sorry. I wish I had more eloquent words than 'that effing sucks' but -- that. just. sucks.
I like the advice about making fun of ugly babies..I got hysterical once over my best friend's baby's photo enclosed in a Christmas Card -- laughing that it looked like a pterodactyl.
It did help. A little.
I'm sorry - about the other babies, about the state of your girlie parts. The lap shouldn't be that bad - and if it's right before Thanksgiving, you'll have a few days to put your feet up.
I am insanely curious as to who your RE is.
Ugh, I'm sorry. For all of it. That is just bad bad bad news all around.
I hope the surgery is a smashing success, though. And that you then have MORE smashing success soon! :)
Wow, that's a lot of difficult news to digest in a short period of time. At least Thanksgiving week is a perfect time to hibernate and recover. Ugh, on top of everything else you have to have surgery! LAME! Thinking of you.
I'm sorry you're having complications on top of your losses, I feel you. I too am dealing with multiple losses, MTHFR, and RH negative (I actually found you cuz you left a comment for me!) ... but I'm also hashi's hypo and elevated FSH/DOR.
The love, where's the love?
Have you checked out Ashermans.org? I have heard, and I'm by no means an expert, but I have heard that you should have a uterine scar-tissue removal sugery done by a specialist - not by your RE unless he/she does them regularly. If you look into the asherman's site they have a message board and lots of resources ... they can recommend really good doctors there.
And yes, the ugly baby idea sounds ... therapudic!
Polly-
Doctor Superman told me he does these things several times per week - but I didn't even think of having a specialist do it! Thanks - I'll look into it.
I'm sorry it's pouring. That's a lot of stuff to take in.
I hope your surgery goes well and sorts things out.
Good luck with the surgery. Let's hope it gets you a step forward to having a BEAUTIFUL baby of your own.
Oh, no. I'm so sorry about the bad HSG results. I hope the surgery will help take care of that and that your recovery is quick.
It just sucks. Fate loves to play tricks with us and see how much we can handle. XOXO
Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear of the results of your HSG, but I'm glad that it went smoothly for you physically. Mine was also incredibly painful. I cringe just thinking about it.
I hope the surgery and recovery is quick and that you're on you way to trying again feeling like you have somewhat of a a fresh start. I'm sorry this journey is so long, complicated and painful (and seemingly never-ending!). Big hug.
I'm sorry for the HSG results. I am thinking about you.
Post a Comment