Friday, June 01, 2007

Miss Positive!

This evening the Husband and I were discussing, amidst our disgusting sweatiness post-run, our weekend plans. We will be accompanying another couple (possibly two couples!) to a movie - you know the one, it involves a comic book, arachnids, a photographer, a redhead, etc. We believe that this particular couple will finally be coming out of the closet--announcing their pregnancy. This was their second IVF cycle. We really couldn't be happier for them. And I mentioned to the Husband how positive she always was--she was upset many, many times, but she always said that she just knew that it would work out, eventually. I need to take a clue from her, and from The Infertility Times. So, here goes:

I will get pregnant.
I will stay pregnant.
I will have a healthy pregnancy.
We will have a healthy child/children.
We will be parents.
I will get that job.
And a kicky new hairstyle.

Got that Universe? Do you?

All right then. Back to our regularly scheduled programming.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How very "The Secret" of you. :)

Ali said...

Oh, gawd. Let it be known that I abhor "The Secret." Let's blame the victim! Your attitude is the reason you have cancer/money problems/miscarriages, etc. What a crock. But hey, I figured, my attitude sucks lately, so, what do I have to lose by acting a little less, um, negative.

The Oneliner (Christina) said...

a mantra isn't a bad thing. do you think "my thighs will get smaller...my thighs will get smaller" will work?

Kate said...

Wow. I can't believe I actually inspired someone. I'm usually such a negative and depressing person so I'm happy that my demands of the universe inspired you. I hope that it works for you too. It sounds like we've been in the same boat with our track records so if it can happen for me, there's no doubt that it will happen for you too. I'm a believer!

Anonymous said...

If the Universe knows what's good for it it'll let you know it got the message loud and clear.

Expect good things soon :)

Ali said...

Smaller thighs? That is so a given.

cat said...

we shall burn a few candles over in our parts for you as well... can't hurt. add more fuel to the fire.

:)