Since I haven't given a lot of detail here . . . . In 2013, I switched from World-Famous-IVF-Clinic (WFIVFC) to a clinic that specializes in "mini-IVF." After inumerable IUIs, I finally convinced Dr. Superman to let me try IVF. It did not go well. A retrieval that ended up with nothing, a long cry in the lobby, a conversion to an IUI, and I was pretty much done. I was also forty. I happened to run into a colleague who was switching to the Mini IVF clinic. The sister of a good friend was just finishing up there - after getting pregnant. We decided to do the switch. We did a retrieval there, no drugs, and they broke the zona on retrieval. I was again ready to give up. The nurse convinced me to try another cycle. I did and they were able to retrieve three. If I remember correctly (and shockingly I don't) it was totally natural (birth control pills first). But I think I must have been on Clomid. Anyway, three is crazy. All three fertilized, all three made it to blast. I repeated this process until May of 2014. At this point I had six blasts. Six pretty good looking blasts. But things were going south in the retrieval department. It seemed as though it was progressively getting worse . . . it was beginning to look like everything that they retrieved wouldn't make it to blast. And they only wanted 5 day blasts for me. They convinced me to do PGD, which I did. Only one was healthy. One. From that second cycle. The cycle that had three.
After a uterine scraping, two endometrial biopsies, and a trial run, they were finally wiling to do the transfer in December. But I balked. I wanted to be able to fly home to see family over the holidays. I didn't want to fly at all, not once, not ever, subsequent to the transfer until I knew the results. And once I did, if positive, I was most certaintly not getting on a plane (with every other miscarriage, I'd been on a plane).
So, we did the transfer in January. January 19th. Martin Luther King Day.
And . . . so . . .
Transfer Monday, January 19th.
Beta #1, seven days past transfer: 51 (Monday, January 26th)
Beta #2: nine days past transfer: 96 (Wednesday, January 28th)
Doubling time: 2.2 days or 52.6 hours (88.2% increase)
Beta #3: sixteen days past transfer: 1382 (Wednesday, February 4th)
Doubling time: 1.8 days or 43.66 hours (114.13% increase)
Beta #4: twenty-three days past transfer: 6762 (Wednesday, February 11th)
Doubling time: 3.1 days or 73.34 hours (57% increase)
So, I don't know. Some places say that at this point 72-96 hours is when to expect doubling. Some still say it should double within 48 hours. Or 48-72 hours.
I don't know what to think.
I can't really go there.
If you know what I mean.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment