Quite sometime ago, due to the recommendation of an infertile friend (age 41, pregnant now from second IVF - due any day) I read Inconceivable by Julia Indichovia. My impression of the writer after reading it was that she was slightly cracked. Right - Chinese herbs and visualization (hanging out on her bathroom floor, apparently) and changing your sheets to red will lower your FSH level! Fantastic - I have a bridge over here . . . Anyway. I could only think that the change in her FSH and resulting pregnancy was due to the bodies natural inclination to change - to have one result one day and one result the next. However, she really did have an FSH of 42 and she really did go onto have a child. Despite the odds. So, now, in the face of this possibility, I think, what the hell? What do I have to lose? God knows I could benefit from a little yoga, a little acupuncture, a little diet overhaul just so that I might occasionally RELAX a little, despite the outcome (hey, by they way, if any of the gods are out there listening - looking for a positive outcome.) My sister and mother-in-law have already begun uttering the word, "adoption." Just to be clear - the doc did not say that I have diminished ovarian reserve - just that that could be a reason why I haven't really responded to the Clomid and why I seemed to have surged (LH) prior to there being properly matured follicles. This would also explain the repeated miscarriages. And this explanation was given to me only when pressed, repeatedly, and threatened with a pie-in-face scenario.
So, I called the YMCA (around the corner from my apartment) and wouldn't you know it but they had a yoga class in fifteen minutes. I ran out of my apartment and over to the Y. In shorts. Shorts that perhaps I shouldn't actually be wearing. Shorts that show my currently pale fatty legs. Oh, and please, please make sure that you have me bending down, backwards, with my head through my legs so that I can look up and accidentally see the back of my legs and my REAR in the mirror. Shorts are a bad idea for yoga. A VERY, VERY bad idea.
So, please, please remind me to go to that ridiculous store with the worst window displays I've ever seen and the twenty or so sales persons milling about the store with fake smiles plastered to their mugs with a tendency to hover over each patron out of sheer boredom in order to buy some damn yoga pants.
I'll be going once a week.
Don't let my chattiness about all this fool you. I am still terrified.
That is all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



9 comments:
bwooooooahahahahaha. yoga in short shorts. done it. it sucked for me too.
i think, if nothing else, that yoga and accu, are GREAT ways to relax and be good to ourselves.
It certainly won't hurt!
Can't hurt, could help! :)
wow. you have so much going on right now. it sounds like your on your way to figuring things out though, which could be good.
best of luck with the yoga -- i love it! i had no idea that lululemon was so widespread. i still think of it as a Vancouver company. . . it's certainly a scary place. at least you don't have to face people wearing yoga pants with dress shoes like we do out here!
Lol. great mental image you painted there!
No shorts in yoga. I'll remember that.
J
Oh yes, yoga in shorts. Did that the first time also. Think serious cottage cheese, here. Yoga pants are WELL worth the expense :-). I hope you enjoy yoga. Once I got into it I found it a bit addicting. I found it helped me not only calmer (I am pretty high strung), but I felt better physically in general. It also made me more respectful of my body and more patient with myself.
I hope you like it!
Glad you enjoyed the yoga class. You are lucky to live in one of the world capitals of diverse yoga classes - I am sure you will find a practice that is right for you. And I agree with the onliner, yoga and acupuncture are a good way to relax and treat ourselves well regardless of the other outcomes.
I like Prana pants for yoga. I once wore shorts and was terrifed I was giving beaver shots to the whole class.
Thank you for your kind comment on my blog.
Now yoga is scary and shorts are scary, but yoga in shorts, well that is too much to think about! I'd love to try it too (def not in shorts) just need to work up the courage.
That book is a bit inconceivable alright. But there's no harm in yoga and acupuncture and it does make you feel better. Good luck and thanks for the support on my blog.
Post a Comment